Tea Leaf Reading
My great grandmother
locally renowned tea leaf reader. People came from all over for the
opportunity to have their leaves read by her. According to Lore, a
reader can never accept cash payment for services rendered. Grateful
customers would bring her chickens, vegetables, and household goods to
express their appreciation. These instructions are for fun, I hope it
makes your tea party a little more exciting!
Great Grandma's method to Read Tea Leaves:
- Brew a pot of tea and add leaves
directly to cup without a strainer. A large leaf tea works best.
- While drinking the tea, reflect on a question you wish the leaves
- When done with tea, swirl the tea cup three times in the
direction away from yourself.
- Turn the cup up-side-down into it's
- Allow the leaves to tell their story.
First impressions are important. They suggest an answer to the question
that was thought about while drinking the tea. Study the leaves and
pictures and images will appear. As with anything, practice will enhance